Friday, January 24, 2014

Nailed It

At first glimpse, when someone looks at you what do you think they see? How about when your in the park with your child? Or when you're scouring the isles of the grocery store with the little one in tow? They see a mother. Being a mother is a great thing; however, you're a woman first!

Many times, once a woman becomes a mom, she forgets about herself and becomes defined by her new title. Along with the partying and impulsive shopping (SHOES, I love shoes), she places her wants and needs upon the back burner. Once I realized that the spunky college student in me had transformed into 40 year old hag off of the average 80's sitcom, I knew it was time to re-evaluate my roles. In order to be the mom I want to be, I had to become the woman I needed to be.

With long days filled with online classes, motherly duties and household responsibilities, I found the the simplest way to boost my womanly aura was by keeping my nails done! Whether its acrylics, drug store press-ons or natural nails, they must be done at all times! It is important to keep them done because its the only controlled variable in the unpredictable realm of motherhood. Just like wearing sexy underwear under sweat pants and your boyfriends two sizes too big tee shirt, maintaining good looking nails (hey, don't forget about your toes) can change your mood for the better. And remember, to be the best mom you have to be a better woman.








We are women first!

No comments:

Post a Comment